Essays by Foreign Fellows
Guest Lectures from Abroad
- Tomas Kostelecky (Institute of Sociology, the
Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic) "Could Voters in East
Central Europe Vote Rationally in the 1990s?," December 13, 1999.
- Robert L. Belknap (Columbia University, USA)
"Glasnost' During the Reign of Alexander II," January 27, 2000.
- V.M. Markov (Vladivostok Institute of
International Relations, Far Eastern State University, Russia) "The
Life and Work of St. Nikolai in Japan," January 27, 2000.
- Z.F. Morgun (Oriental Institute, Far Eastern
State University, Russia) "Japanology in the Far Eastern State
University in during the 1920-1930s," January 27, 2000.
- Nail Mukhariamov (Kazan Institute of
Thermoenergy, Russia) "The Political Process in
Tatarstan: Islamic Factors," January 27, 2000.
- Rafis Abazov (La Trobe University, Australia)
"Foreign Policy Decision-Making in Central Asia: The Case of the Kyrgyz
Republic," January 28, 2000.
- Liudmila I. Galliamova (Institute of History,
Archeology and Ethnography of the Peoples of the Far East, Russian
Academy of Sciences,
Vladivostok) "The Social-Economic Development of the Russian Far East,
Second Half of the 19th Century - 1917," January 31, 2000.
- Tomas Doucha (Research Institute of
Agricultural Economics, Czech Rep.) "The Reform of Czech Agriculture:
Historical Background, Socio-Economic and Policy Implications,"
February 14, 2000.
- Michael Ellman (Amsterdam University, The
Netherlands) "The Destruction of the Soviet Economic System, 1985-91,"
February 23, 2000.
- Zdenka Mansfeldovб (Institute of Sociology,
the Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic) "Social Dialogue and
Industrial Relations: Actors and Strategies in the Czech Republic,"
March 6, 2000
- Pavel Machonin (Institute of Sociology, the
Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic) "Theory of Modernization and
the Czech Experience," March 6, 2000.
- H. Bacev (Institute of Economics, Bulgarian
Academy of Sciences) "Bulgarian Experience in the Transformation of
Farm Structure," April 14, 2000.
- Anatolii M. Khazanov (University of
Wisconsin-Madison, USA) "Is Democracy Retreating in Post-Communist
Countries?: The Phenomenon of Post-Totalitarian Society," May 15,
- Andrzej Flis (Jagiellonian University, Poland)
"The Distinctiveness of Eastern Europe," May 16, 2000.
- Volkmar Kreissig (Institute for Economic and
Social Research in
Chemnit, Germany) "Democratization, Economic and Social Change in
Russia: One Step Forward or Backward," June 5, 2000.
- Shlomo Weber (Southern Methodist University,
USA) "Fiscal Federalism in Russia: The Art of Making Everybody Happy;
How to Prevent a Secession," September 19, 2000.
- Philip Hanson (Birmingham University, UK)
"Barriers to Long-Run Growth in Russia," October 25, 2000.
back to INDEX>>